a day ago
Olivia ( @happyandhealthyolivia )
Pistachio Pesto! ✨
It is National Nut Day!! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts, so I decided to celebrate by making one of my favorite sauces...Pistachio Pesto!! This sauce is great because it's so versatile, you can add it to your favorite pasta, top it on a toasted crostini, or use it as a chimichurri sauce on steak! This recipe makes 10 servings, and I freeze it so I always have extra on hand! Each serving only has 1 net carb!
* 4 cups fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup @setton_farms pistachios
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Combine the basil leaves, pistachios, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse until you have a rough chop. Gradually add in olive oil, and continue to blend until a smooth paste is formed.
* Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve on crostini, mix into pasta or couscous! Enjoy! ✨
Here I served mine on top of @explorecuisine edamame pasta for a perfect, low carb dinner! 😋 #pastapioneerchallenge